Our Application Process
Ready to apply? We have an easy four step application process for all applicants to Brittany Lane.
Applicants must attend an information session (held monthly) with NACHA. The receipt from attendance is part of your application process. NACHA can be reached at 780-482-6128 or on their website www.nacha.ca. The address is 200, 12120 – 106 Ave., Edmonton, Alberta.
Once you have attended the information session, please complete the application form, and ensure that all supporting documentation is provided. If you require subsidy, you will need to complete the subsidy application form for eligibility and availability. There is a non-refundable $25.00 application fee.
Brittany Lane has a two-step interview process. The first interview (approx. one hour) is conducted in your home or at the co-op office by two members of the Membership Committee.
If the first interview receives a positive recommendation, a second interview is scheduled with the Board. This is a much shorter interview and your final step! Following the board interview, a decision will be made and you will be contacted via mail. If a unit is available, it will be offered to you, otherwise you’ll be placed on the waitlist.
- You will have 72 hours to place a $250.00 non-refundable deposit to hold the unit.
- Each member is required to pay $1500.00 for their member shares. The $250.00 deposit will be deducted from the $1500.00, leaving a balance of $1250.00 owing.
- A few days before you move in, you will need to sign your paperwork and pay your fees at the office. You will pay your first month’s housing cost as well as the balance of the member shares ($1250.00 or you will be given the option to pay $250.00 and the balance of $1000.00 over 20 months).
- Pet deposits are also due before move-in, unless other payment arrangements have been made.
- A move-in inspection is scheduled for your big day!