PURPOSE OF THE POLICY: To allow the adult members of the Co-op to maintain consistency in their attendance at committee, board, and/or general membership meetings. Babysitting provides youth with an opportunity to be engaged in the Co-op. Babysitting fees will only be covered for members attending scheduled Co-op meetings. Notifications will be sent out for all other functions eligible for reimbursement.
The Co-op will reimburse members who retain the services of the following:
- Qualified youth;
- Professional babysitters hired for children with special needs*.
* Notation: Professional babysitters hired for children with special needs/medical conditions and/or of infant concerns (children under the age of one), may be considered for reimbursement from the co-op on an individual basis with prior communication.
To qualify for reimbursement from the co-op youth babysitters must:
- Be between the ages of 11-18 years;
- Youth must present a copy of their certification* from a registered babysitting course to the Co-op office if they are between the ages of 11-15 years;
- Strictly adhere to the Co-op’s maximum care load standard. Refer to ‘Maximum Care Load’ table enclosed;
- Review the Brittany Lane Housing Co-op Babysitting Guideline brochure.
* Notation: Brittany Lane Housing Co-op will reimburse any Co-op youth who has completed a certified babysitting course upon the presentation of receipt and certificate. The youth will be added on the Co-op’s registered babysitter list.
|Number of Children||Pay Scale|
|1-2||$7.50 / hour|
|3||$8.50 / hour|
|4||$9.50 / hour|
|5||$10.50 / hour|
|MAXIMUM CARE LOAD|
|Age of Babysitter||Maximum # of Children in Care||Certification Required|
|Special Needs||Pay scale private between the board and member|
Request for Re-imbursement:
It is the responsibility of the co-op member utilizing babysitting services to submit their ‘Babysitting Requisition’ form to the co-op office for reimbursement within 7 days of the date that service was rendered